NEPAS Child Health Research Grant
Eligibility Criteria and Conditions
1. This grant will only be given to life members of Nepal Paediatric Society working in Nepal. One out of the two grants will be given to paediatricians practicing outside the Kathmandu valley but in case of non-submission, it may be given to those practicing in the capital.
2. Members could be of any age but should have completed their MD Paediatrics from an institution recognised by NMC or verified by an equivalence certificate from universities of Nepal.
3. The grant is generally meant to be awarded to support the funding of research work (usually utilized for the purpose of procuring reagents, kits, or for covering cost of laboratory investigations, minor equipment, administrative & managerial work, hiring human resource etc.)
4. The researcher submitting the proposal should be the Principal Investigator (PI) of the project. However, the research can include members from other paediatric related faculties and subspecialities.
5. The research protocol should have been cleared by the IRB of the concerned Institution/College/University/Hospital/NHRC or the proof of the submission of proposal in respective ethical committee has to be submitted.
6. A contract paper of understanding will be signed between NEPAS and the PI.
7. The research work should not be in regard to clinical trials for regulatory purpose, or with involvement of any pharmaceutical company.
8. The PI and supervisor involved in research project will ensure that they submit their works in JNEPAS compulsorily, as in the signed contract. In case otherwise, the PI should mention this in the proposal itself and get official permission from NEPAS beforehand. If any individual is found to have submitted or published it in any journal other than JNPS without prior permission, then he/she and the team of authors will be asked to write a letter of explanation which if not submitted will be blacklisted and will not be given any such opportunities in the future.
9. The work should be conducted during the stipulated time given by the research unit of NEPAS which includes data analysis and report preparation (usually within one year of grant approval).
10. The PI will need to submit a table of costs with receipt after completion of the project.
11. The decision of NEPAS shall be final.
13. The NEPAS grant application form can be downloaded from here.